It visited iconic London location, The Savoy, as well as being pictured at its spiritual home – the Bugatti showroom, Mayfair. It will now embark on a tour to visit fans, taking in locations including Westfield London and Westfield Stratford.
The one-of-a-kind build was created by LEGO master builders entirely from LEGO Technic, and is made up of over 1,000,000 elements. It is powered exclusively using 2,304 motors from the LEGO Power Function platform.
World-famous, doorman Tony Cortegaça, who has worked at The Savoy for 32 years, ensured that the one of a kind LEGO Technic life-size Bugatti received a proper London welcome, as it was displayed outside the renowned hotel.
The hand-built LEGO model also paid a visit to its ‘home from home,’ the Bugatti Showroom in Mayfair, where it was greeted by one of its real-life counterparts and a number of excited car fans.
From Thursday 1st November, UK-based LEGO fans will have the opportunity to visit the Bugatti 1:1 model for themselves at Westfield Shopping Centre in London at 10:00 AM The UK tour will continue with the LEGO Technic car visiting Westfield Stratford on 3rd November and finally, Bluewater Shopping Centre on 8th November.
UK Tour Details:Visit the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron model at the following locations around the UK:
- 1st November, Westfield London, outside Sheperd’s Bush Tube Station, 4006 Ariel Way, Shepherd's Bush, London W12 7GF, 10AM – 10PM
- 3rd November, Westfield Stratford, Second Floor outside M&S, Olympic Park, Montfichet Rd, London E20 1EJ, 09AM – 09PM
- 8th November, Bluewater Shopping Centre, Second floor Upper Plaza Car Park, Bluewater Pkwy, Dartford, Greenhithe DA9 9ST 12PM – 09PM
- The Bugatti model will be part of the Bluewater Light Night Event (please note area around the LEGO model will be closed between 04.30PM – 05.30PM for event set up)
Nicola Morgan Hulme, Senior Brand Relations Manager for UK & Ireland, for the LEGO Group said: “We wanted to give LEGO Technic fans the chance to see this incredible model for themselves - so we’ve taken the Bugatti on a European Tour. The model looks fantastic in images, but it is truly breath-taking in real life - you can see the intricate detail up close.”
Ian Kidd, Hotel Manager of The Savoy, said; “We are honoured that this incredible LEGO Technic model has come to visit us here at The Savoy. Our doorman Tony has worked with us for 32 years and he’s seen all sorts of wonderful things arriving in Savoy Court but this special LEGO Technic visitor is certainly a first for us!”
The LEGO Technic life-size Bugatti Chiron was unveiled to the world for the first time at the Grand Prix Formula 1 event in Monza, Italy, on August 30. The impressive LEGO Technic model is currently touring the width and breath of Europe and was most recently showcased to car and brick-fans at the Paris Motor Show in early October.
For more information please contact LEGOTechic@mischiefpr.com
The model is a first of its kind in many ways:
- first non-glued LEGO TECHNIC model of such complexity
- first large model powered using LEGO TECHNIC power function motors
- first large-scale moving model using LEGO TECHNIC bricks & elements
- first time to create new types of transparent LEGO TECHNIC bricks
- first time to create load bearing parts build purely out of LEGO TECHNIC bricks & elements
- first time using 58 types of TECHNIC custom-made elements
- first fully-functional self-propelled life-size LEGO TECHNIC car
Facts and numbers:
- No glue used in the assembly
- Over 1,000,000 LEGO elements in total
- 339 types of LEGO TECHNIC elements used
- Total weight: 1500 kg
- 2,304 LEGO Power Function Motors
- 4,032 LEGO TECHNIC gear wheels
- 2,016 LEGO TECHNIC cross axles
- Theoretical performance of 5.3 HP
- Estimated Torque of 92 Nm
- Functional rear spoiler (using both LEGO Power Functions and Pneumatics)
- Functional speedometer built entirely from LEGO TECHNIC elements
- The model comes with real Bugatti Chiron wheels and emblem
- 13,438-man hours used on development and construction
About Bugatti Automobiles S.A.SBugatti Automobiles S.A.S. is the manufacturer of the ultimate production super sports car. Since it was established in 1909, the French luxury brand has had its headquarters at Molsheim, Alsace, where 450 Veyrons were produced from 2005 to 2015 and where the new Chiron, which is limited to 500 cars, is being hand-crafted today.
The brand, which has been part of the Volkswagen Group since 1998, has 34 dealers and service partners in 17 countries in Europe, North America, the Arabian Peninsula and Asia/Pacific. www.bugatti.com
About The SavoyThe Savoy is the only luxury hotel on the River Thames, perfectly placed in the heart of one of the world’s most exciting cities. 267 rooms and suites are accompanied by some of the most well-known restaurants and bars in London, alongside magnificent and varied meeting space. With exceptional service at the heart of everything, a Savoy experience is built on memories created and stories told across the generations. You don’t just stay at The Savoy, The Savoy stays with you. www.thesavoylondon.com